Thursday, September 15, 2011

Random Connections/Word tickets

Participants break into groups of two.  Without consulting each other, one person should come up with a "Why?"  The other should come up with a "because".  Some of the links work beautifully.  Others are bizarre, but they might work even more beautifully.

Try the exercise with if/then and I used to/but now.

Some examples:

Why do I see the things in your eyes?
Because the TV is on.

Why do I have to grow up.
Because you broke it.

I used to be afraid of the dark,
But now I can't see a thing.

I used to fall in love at the drop of a pin,
But now I sleep with my eyes open.


WORD Tickets
On the back of the tickets write some wonderful words for poetry:
Provocative nouns, crackling verbs, resplendent adjectives,  etc.
Place the tickets in the basket.  Draw out 10 new tickets and try to use them in a poem!

No comments:

Post a Comment